Hi folks! I’m doing The Liebster Award again! I’ve already done it but since the questions from bloggers who nominated me are pretty awesome I decided to do this award again. Thank you so much Lauren @ COMMA HANGOVER and the two ladies at closetreaders for nominating me! You should definitely go check out their blogs, since they are fantastic!
Here are the basic rules:
- Thank the blog that nominated you and recognise their blog
- Nominate 5- 10 bloggers you admire by tagging them in a blog post
- Create a blog post answering the 10 questions you were asked by the person who nominated you
- Put a list of the rules in your post
- Give 10 random facts about yourself
- Ask 10 questions for your nominees
- Add the Liebster Award badge to your post/blog
The questions from Lauren:
1. If you had to go to a deserted island with only one book, what would it be and why?
Hmm, I think I’d take a book from Bear Grylls, since you know, I want to survive and escape this island, lol.
2. Is there a book you could see so perfectly in your head that you dreamcasted it? Share your cast here!
I usually don’t cast my characters, because when I re-read the story I have always new options to see who that caracter could be. I also don’t put faces from real people to them, because I see only bits and pieces from that caracter and never a whole person. I don’t know, I’m weird, lol. 😉
3. Name the best opening line from any book that you have ever read!
Nothing like being accused of attempted murder to complete a girl’s Friday evening.
That’s the opening line from Spiral of Need (The Mercury Pack #1) by Suzanne Wright and all I could think of was the song from Black Eyed Peas – I gotta Feeling (that tonight’s gonna be a good night). And I was right, that book is one of my favs!
4. Is there a non-bookish item on your shelf? If so, what is it?
Hmm, DVDs? And I have some folders from my university. Yeah…I pretty much just books on my shelf and since my recent book haul I think I need new book shelves. But you can never have too much books, right? So it’s all good.
5. Do you eat while reading? What is your favorite snack?
Sometimes I do, when I’m hungry but usually I don’t since I’m too immersed into the story to do anything else beside just reading. Also, just the thought that some of my food could damage my book is too horrifying to even try.
6. What do you think of books that involve food? Do they make you hungry? Or inspire you to cook?
I think it’s weird if the book doesn’t have even one reference to food, because we all have to eat, so food is part of the characters daily life and should be included in the story at least at some point. And as for making me hungry, it depends on what kind of food it is. Anything with chocolate, I’m in, but usually I don’t feel the need for a snack.
7. What is your favorite micro-genre? (Or subgenre?)
High fantasy. Now I don’t know exactly if that’s consideret as a micro genre but I enjoy reading fantasy books, a lot! It’s just something about it, the worlds where you can be anything, it’s really interesting.
8. What social media networks are you on most frequently? Do you promote your posts on there?
Goodreads and yes, I do consider that a social media network just because you get to meet so many new people and all love to talk about books. I usually just post my review there, without any reference to my blog. I don’t know, I just don’t feel like that’s a place for doing that. Other than that I’m not much on Twitter or Facebook, I kow shocker!
9. What is the most irritating character you have ever read about? Why were they so irritating?
The most recent character that brought my blood to boil is definitely Rebecca by Pieces by T. Aleo. My God, was she annoying and spoiled. So immature and just a character I could never relate to.
“You treat me like a fucking baby. I’m stronger than most, and I’m human. What does that even say? Don’t know? Let me tell you,” I yell, going toe-to-toe with him. “That I’m a fucking badass!” With that, Oceanus pushes me so hard, I fall back and do two rolls, landing on my face with a hard oomph.
That’s the quote that made me quit the book. I just couldn’t read any more stupid lines that came from her. Sorry…
10. What is one book setting that you wish you could visit? Do you keep a bookish travel list?
Definitely the Shire from Lord of the rings. I think that book setting is just so beautiful and homey and cosy and just fun to imagine. Aside from that I don’t keep a bookish travel list because I probably would never travel to all the places that were on that list.
11. How often do you visit your local independent bookseller?
I don’t really go to my local booksellers. Shame no me, shame on me! I usually just order all my books from the net, mostly from BookDepository or AbeBooks, because I read all my books in english and since I’m from Europe my local booksellers don’t have books that I want in that language. So yeah, the hard life of a book lover…
The questions from closetreaders:
What is your biggest pet peeve?
My biggest pet peeve is when someone dumps his or her coffee in the sink and doesn’t take out the sponge. It’s drives my bad s*** crazy because we all know that we can’t clean with a coffee infested sponge! I hate that, trully hate that!
What is the last movie you watched?
just watched The Legend of Tarzan yesterday and I have to say I’m a bit disappointed because I just wanted more from that movie. I felt like nothing really happened that could stay in my memory. But before that movie, I watched Warcraft and my god, that’s how a movie should be done! I freaking loved it!!! Seriously, if you haven’t watched it yet, do it now!!!
Who did you last text?
My cousin slash my boss. There is always work to be done, so yeah, I think I have most of my texts from her.
How many books are on your TBR list?
Way too many, like, WAY TOO MANY!!! I think I have over 700 books on my Goodreads profile nad I haven’t put all the books that I actually want to read on that list, so yeah… I know I’ll never read them all because new awesome books just keep coming out and of course I have to read them, too. If only we could buy time…
What height are you?
Oh, that’s a cruel question. Nope, not answering that one but lets just say that being my height has it’s perks. 😉
Who do you admire most?
Believe it or not but my most respect and admiration have the animals. They have to fight for their lives everyday and they don’t have any devices live we humans to make their lives easier or better. Just seeing that fight and will to live is the most beautiful and inspiring thing for me.
When was your last holiday and where did you go?
I think that way a year ago and me and my best friend and her family went to Egypt. I was really surprised by how much I enjoyed it there. It’s a totally different world, just seeing the different culture and landscape. Definitely something worth remembering.
Who’s post did you last like on instagram if you have an account?
I admit, I don’t do Instagram. I know, I know. But I just don’t see the appeal, since I don’t take that much photos and all that. I would just feel out of place there.
What is your biggest habbit?
I like to have things on my shelves or anywhere really in a very specific order. It just makes me really nervous, if they aren’t positioned the way I want them. Other than that, when I wake up I have to always check my mail.
What song did you last play?
Kiiara – Gold
10 random facts about me:
- I love tea but avoid coffee.
- I’m an animal lover.
- I love to drive my car or any other car that I can get my hands on.
- I don’t like spiders. It’s not that I hate them, I just really dislike them.
- Love any type of music, if done right!
- Huge book lover but also manga/anime fan!
- I’m just got my degree in law.
- I have a cat, named Tevž.
- I’m from the EU.
- Love nature.
- What do you love the most about being a reader?
- How many books have you’ve read in July?
- What’s your favourite TV show?
- How long did it take you to read your biggest book and which one is it?
- Spoilers – yay or nay?
- How many countries have you been to and which ones would you re-visit?
- Imagine you’re in Hogwarts. Which house are you in?
- Did you already read Harry Potter and The Cursed Child? Are you planning to read it?
- Choose your own question and answer it as if you were drunk.
- What is your biggest achievement?
So that’s it for this Liebster Award. I know I should nominate people but let’s face it, by now almost everyone has done this award so I’m not nominating specific bloggers. Anyone who wants to do this award, you are welcome to do it!